The liver is the second largest organ in the human body.
Thanks to the work of the liver, are performed a number of functions including:
normal functioning of metabolic processes, defense of the body, detoxification of the blood, storage of goods, eliminate toxins from the etc.
Considering the fact that the liver performs many functions that are vital to the human body, it is necessary to preserve his health.
Proper nutrition can improve liver function and provide smooth operation of the biochemical processes.
Find out which groceries are “guardians” of the health of the liver:
– Beetroot is rich in flavonoides and beta-carotene, ingredients that enhance the function and promote the health of the liver. Additionally, beetroot helps to purify the blood and eliminate toxins from the body.
It is advised daily consumption of beetroot, the best way to be used is raw in salad or freshly squeezed juice.
– Due to the abundance of antioxidants, vitamins and folic acid, broccoli are excellent for detoxifying not only the liver, but the entire organism.
Additionally, this vegetable contains isothiocyanate, a substance that helps the release of carcinogenic substances in the body.
It is advised to use Broccoli daily, fresh or cooked by steam.
– Garlic is rich in sulfur, allicin and selenium compounds that help the liver in the elimination of harmful substances from the body.Selenium helps in the natural detoxification, allicin fight against harmful agents, and sulfur improves the enzymes.
Therefore, is recommended regular consumption of garlic.
– Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which help to naturally detoxify the liver. The ingredients found in lemon, orange, grapefruit and other citrus fruits, enabling the elimination of toxic substances so that they help the liver toxins to transform them into substances that are soluble in water.
Therefore, consume citrus fruits daily, raw or freshly squeezed, especially in the morning for maximum effect.
– Turmeric is great for improving liver function. This spice, which, with its warm and slightly bitter aftertaste reminiscent of ginger stimulates the work of enzymes in the liver and cleans up free radicals which have a carcinogenic effect.
– Cabbage has the ideal combination of ingredients that promote the work of enzymes in the liver and overall improve its function.
The daily menu can include any type of cabbage: green, red, chinese, etc.
It is best consumed fresh.
– Omega-3 fatty acids and amino acids purify liver and improve its function.
These ingredients are abundant in nuts, so be sure to include in your daily menu.
– The apple is one of the best fruits to detoxify the body. With the help of the ingredients contained in apples, especially pectinthe the liver deals great with toxins that should be eliminated from the body.
In addition, apple contains malic acid also helps in removing toxins and carcinogenic substances from the blood.
You can eat any kind of apples, the best is to use them in fresh fruit salad or freshly squeezed juice.